Home Flipping Reaches 9 Year High – Home flipping rates are up 62%, hard money lending is up 35% but average home flipping returns continue to slip. Curious where investors are doubling their returns?
U.S. Home Flipping Rate Reaches a Nine-Year High in Q1 2019
Total Dollar Volume of Homes Flipped With Financing Reaches 6.4 Billion – A 12-Year High. Average Flipping ROI Continues to Decline to An Almost Eight-Year Low. While Gross Flipping Profits Drop 12 Percent From Last Year.
- Home flipping rate up from year ago in 62 percent of local markets;
- Home flip lending volume up 35 percent to 12-year high;
- 11 Markets where investors are doubling their ROI;
- Average home flipping returns continue to slip;
- Average time to flip nationwide at 180 days;
- Flipped homes sold to FHA buyers increases from previous quarter;
- Eight zip codes with a home flipping rate of more than 30 percent;
11 Markets where investors are doubling their ROI
Among the 138 metropolitan statistical areas analyzed in the report with at least 50 home flips completed in Q1 2019, those with the highest average gross flipping ROI were Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (131.2 percent); Flint, Michigan (127.6 percent); Shreveport, Louisiana (112.5 percent); Scranton, Pennsylvania (112.0 percent); and Knoxville, Tennessee (105.0 percent).